HomeDiocesan ReportsQuiapo's ‘traslacion’ suspended due to threats of COVID-19

Quiapo’s ‘traslacion’ suspended due to threats of COVID-19

The celebration of the Feast of the Black Nazarene will be done through a motorcade in selected areas of Manila

For the second year, the procession of the Black Nazarene in Manila in January will be suspended due to threats of COVID-19.

Father Douglas Badong, parochial vicar of Quiapo church, said the decision was in compliance with the rules of the government’s COVID-19 task force.

“As long as the [Inter-Agency Task Force] doesn’t allow it, we will not be able to hold a procession,” said Father Badong.




The city government of Manila earlier broke the news that the “Traslacion” on January 9 remains suspended due to the pandemic.

The decision was made after a consultation between Father Badong and parish leaders and city government officials.

Instead, the celebration of the Feast of the Black Nazarene will be done through a motorcade in selected areas of Manila.

Like last year, a replica of the image of the black Jesus will also be visiting some provinces where Masses will be held.

- Newsletter -

Manila Police District Director Gen. Leo Francisco said a minimum of 8,000 police officers will be deployed during the feast day.

He said additional manpower depends on the need of the situation and the alert level status of the city in January 2022.

© Copyright LiCAS.news. All rights reserved. Republication of this article without express permission from LiCAS.news is strictly prohibited. For republication rights, please contact us at: [email protected]

Leave a Reply

Make a difference!

We work tirelessly each day to support the mission of the Church by giving voice to the voiceless.
Your donation will add volume to our effort.
Monthly pledge

Latest