The Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines (CEAP) has expressed support for the proposed expansion of limited face-to-face classes in areas under health alert levels 1 and 2 starting February.
“If there’s no reason why there would be more in exemptions, then the students should already go back to school, especially in areas that have been declared as level 1 or level 2,” said Jose Allan Arellano, CEAP executive director, in a radio interview on January 25.
He said, however, that it would not be back to regular face-to-face classes like before, adding that it would most likely be a “hybrid system” in the next two to three years.
The Education department on Tuesday said face-to-face classes will be under an “expansion phase” with more schools joining next month.
“We will proceed with the face-to-face classes. In fact, we now call it the expanded face-to-face approach or stage,” said Education Undersecretary Annalyn Sevilla in a separate radio interview.
There were 287 public and private schools that participated in the conduct of pilot face-to-face classes from November 15 to December 20 last year.
The education department plans to include more grade levels in the expanded face-to-face classes next month.