The prelate of the Diocese of Novaliches in the Philippine capital called on the public to list all the places they have visited as part of health measures to help quell the new coronavirus disease.
Bishop Roberto Gaa said contact tracing could be a “personal responsibility” that the public can perform during the implementation of stricter quarantine protocols starting Tuesday, August 4.
In a pastoral letter issued on August 3, the prelate expressed his support for the call of the medical community for a “time out” amid the surge of cases of the new coronavirus disease in the country.
Last week, healthcare workers called on the government to again place the national capital under strict lockdown measures to allow the overwhelmed health system to recover.
On Sunday, President Rodrigo Duterte heeded the call and approved the implementation of the “modified enhanced community quarantine” in the capital region.
Bishop Gaa said that during the lockdown period, the government should launch “a massive contact tracing” to identify the origin of the spread of the disease.
The prelate said a “collaboration between the local government unit and the Catholic parish can be done” for the implementation of the contact tracing.
He said contact tracing “will allow us to take necessary actions to combat the spread of the disease.”
Leave a Reply